Banana bread is one of the simplest and yet super good food that you can offer to family either for breakfast, as a dessert, or pack as a snack.
Here is a recipe for a delicious and super moist banana bread that has loads of banana flavor. So, here you go should you or your family crave for something nice.
Banana Bread Recipe
- Cake mould
- 3-4 Very ripe bananas You can add ripe mango and freshly grated coconut for additional flavour.
- 1 cup Semolina
- ½ cup Almond Flour or Desiccated Coconut you can make yours at home by grinding blanched almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Rock salt
- ¾ cup Jaggery or raw cane sugar
- ½ cup Pure coconut oil or unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mash the bananas together in a separate bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs before adding it to the mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract as well.
- Add eggs and Mashed Banana. Mix well.
- Keep the mixture aside for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and add cake mix on the tray.
- Set the tray in the oven and bake for 35-40 mins. Keep checking in the middle.
- After 35 mins, check again by poking a toothpick or fork. If it comes out clear from all sides of the cake, then close the oven and let it cool down.
- Serve with flower tea or have it as a dessert.
- Take care not to over mix the batter. Overmixing hampers the texture.
- Add one cup of dark chocolate chips or half a cup of nuts of your choice (walnuts give a unique taste and go very well with the banana bread) for a different variation.
- Using brown sugar gives a more caramelized taste – just another option.
- Replace semolina with wholemeal flour with this. Equally mix wholemeal flour such as buckwheat flour or ragi flour in the all-purpose flour for a wholesome version of the banana bread.
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!